Dealing With Property Vandalism from Tim Scott's blog

This info-graphic titled ‘Dealing With Property Vandalism’ provides us an overview of filing claims for vandalism. The most important step to take after you have disclosed theft or vandalism on your property is to call the police. A police report is priceless to your claim, and insurers may outright deny sum coverage without it. Not only does the police report offer a formal record of the incident, but it also renders an officer’s opinion of the mode of entry and proof of property damage uninterrupted in the break-in. If you observe additional items later, it is a good idea to update the police inform and tell the insurance company you have filed a subsidiary police report.


The documentation you give to your insurance company is straightaway related to the amount offered on your claim. Be sure to reckon photos or videos of the property taken soon after the incident, as well as any receipts for out-of-pocket disbursement that will need to be refunded. Policyholders have a duty to forbid further losses after a break-in, such as setting up windows and doors and making the space safe for visitors and employees. Always make sure to get help from an insurance litigation attorney. Unluckily, commercial insurers often try to deny, devalue, or stall property vandalism claims rather than pay the full amount they owe. When this occurs, it may be essential to hire an attorney to advise you on your next steps. For more information, please refer to the info-graphic below.

Previous post     
     Next post
     Blog home

The Wall

No comments
You need to sign in to comment


By Tim Scott
Added Nov 24



Your rate:
Total: (0 rates)